Welcome to Cranberry Samplings

Monday, December 20, 2010

It's Been A Pretty Good Week!

Last Thursday night my evening stitching group went out to dinner to celebrate the holidays. We went to an Italian restaurant that none of us had ever been to and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was really good. After dinner, we came back to my house for dessert and to exchange gifts. This is what I put out for the girls. Once we got home, I totally forgot to use the camera. Joanne brought the most delicious coconut cake. I wish I had taken a picture, it was beautiful. I will try to be a better blogger in the future and get more pictures.
I finished February over the weekend. I thought that I would never finish the snow. I will get it stretched and I have a pop it and out frame for all the PS months.
Finally we have a little snow! Here are a couple shots. The first is from the porch and the second is the back of the house. I live in a really wooded area.

This is Sammi taking her daily medication. Don't those ears look huge? But still, she is the cutest!
We did have some water issues this week end. On Saturday about 4:30 I went to use the faucet and there was no water. Now, we in most of New England don't have town water or sewerage. We have wells and septic systems. So having no water means a well issue. Called the well guy and they checked out the well pump and it was working fine (thank heavens) but my holding tank needs to be replaced. Not a huge deal but an inconvenience. We went 24 hours with no water until they could fix it enough until the Tuesday after Christmas. They will then replace the tank. Another day with no water. It could be worse. As always, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving your comments. I love them all. Cheryl and I are making Christmas cookies on Wednesday and I will bring my camera to show you our bounty. Until then....Happy Stitching. Deborah

17 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

that's to bad about the lack of water but knowing that it will be repaired is good. Best Wishes and a Merry Christmas to you and your family and your Stitching group.
Be always in stitches.

Margaret said...

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! Love your February finish -- gorgeous! Isn't fill in just the worst? lol! Bummer about the water. Hope it all works out in the end. Have a wonderful Christmas!

gracie said...

Oh water issues...I remember when Dennis and I first were married we lived in rural RI near the CT border and had a well. Lee is so right...
Your February finish is very nice....I am going to make a post about pets med cards...might be available in your area.

diamondc said...

Your dog is adorable no matter how we try to give our dog meds she knows the differenc, even with peanut butter, it looks as if you all had a great time, I love your PS finish please post a framed picture.
Merry Christmas
Catherine

BrendaS said...

Love your February finish. Have you done all the months that have been released?

Aren't home repairs just the worst?!!!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Parsley said...

Oh my word...so many happy things in this post. Love the holiday goodies, the stitching is beautiful, the snow is lovely, and the dog licking is so sweet. Merry Christmas.

Tricia T said...

No water is tough. I hope you get it fixed soon! Your stitching is beautiful and your dog is adorable!! Merry Christmas!

Lynn said...

I hope your water problem is fixed soon. It can be a real inconvenience especially with the holidays approaching.
Your stitching is wonderful! Having another pop out frame is a fantastic idea.
I enjoyed your pics. I would love to have woods like that in my yard.
I hope that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2011!

Veronica said...

February looks great! I love the pop in and out frame idea. Sorrie to hear about the water issue. Sammi IS cute :)

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish.

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh!! I love your February finish. I hadn't realized that the design has the bit at the bottom about Lincoln & Washington. I definitely have to stitch it now--I love tying history into my stitching. Love the pup pic and the snow pics! Sorry to hear about the water issues--it's always something, isn't it?!

Annie said...

The PS piece is gorgeous! Your snow photos look so perfect for the season. Sorry about that water hassle. I live in an old building so we have these kinds of problems from time to time and I can sympathize. Glad you are at least patched up for the holiday.

Pumpkin said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!

Beautiful finish Deborah! Your needles have been smokin' ;o)

Isn't it amazing how we take things like water for granted? I'm glad the problem was diagnosed and it will get fixed for you.

Merry Christmas to you and Sammi :o)

Carol said...

I have the PS February lined up to stitch in 2011, too, Deborah--yours turned out beautifully. I do love those monthly samplers and plan to use the pop in and out frame, too. I've done it with some of their seasonal samplers and it sure saves money.

Have fun making Christmas cookies with Cheryl tomorrow--sounds wonderful (and delicious!).

Belinda said...

Ooh those treats look delicious! Sounds like you had a fun night.

Lois said...

Love your February finish! What yummy food! Hope you get your water problems fixed soon. Have a lovely Christmas!

Heidi said...

Don't you love getting together with friends like that? I love having my quilt group here each month and feel richer for the time I spend with those ladies.

I love your kitchen. Things look so nice for having them come back to your house.

February is just beautiful. Will you change the PS samplers off each month or hang them all at once?

Merry Christmas dear Deborah!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi