Welcome to Cranberry Samplings

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Some Stitching and Some Food.

I hope that you all had a great Christmas! After being pretty busy the last couple of weeks, it was a pleasure to have a quite day. We had a nice breakfast, opened the gifts and had a relaxing dinner later in the day. I got in a lot of stitching in the last 2 days. What a pleasure. On Christmas Eve we went to Cheryl's for the evening. The food was wonderful. I was a bad blogger and took no pictures, except for the 2 things that I brought.
I know that the picture isn't very good but the popcorn was delicious and really addictive. I am obsessed with this stuff. You pop 3 bags of low butter popcorn (pop secret homestyle is good), melt a 12 oz. bag of white chocolate chips and mix together and add a 5 oz bag of craisins. So good and I don't usually like white chocolate. Joanne served my Thursday night stitching group this and we just ate and chatted. No real stitching was done.
I made these little Santa hats. How cute are they? Saw them on " The Chew" and had to make them. They are just brownies (cut with a round cutter), strawberries and whipped cream. Kinda festive.
I am currently working on A Good Marriage by LK. It's for a dear friend and her husband who have a big anniversary coming up.They have a wonderful relationship and I believe that they live these rules everyday.
I will be putting that piece aside for a few days so that I can start the February cottage. I am not sure about the colors. The pinks are really bright. We will see how they look. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the best comments. They mean so much. Until next time.....Happy Stitching! Deborah

26 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really love that L*K piece. I'm hoping to pick up just the chart somewhere along the line since I have plenty of Crescent Cottons in my collection.

Can't wait to see the big finish!

Margaret said...

Your yummies look so yummy! The popcorn sounds heavenly! Love the LK marriage piece for your friends -- that will be a special present indeed. And the next CCN cottage-- the colors do look bright, but you never know. They might look great on the linen! Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

That popcorn sounds yummy and those "Santa Hats" are cute!!
Great stitching progress too. I am hoping to pick mine up tonite for a bit.
Those are some bright pinks, but I bet they'll fit in well with what ever she has planned for the rest of the series! Are you stitching them all on one piece?

MoonBeam said...

Oh, yum...that popcorn sounds wonderful. Will have to try.

If I ever get my cottage patterns, I plan to change some of the colors. I know CCN is known for her bright pastels, but I think I'll tone mine down a bit.

Bobbi

Lynn said...

Thanks for the great ideas for some munchies. Can't wait to try that popcorn!
I love that LK stitch! It looks really great!!
I'm glad you had such a lovely and relaxing Christmas. Wishing you a very healthy and Happy New Year!

Hazel said...

Beautiful stitching projects. I like that marriage one. Yummy food too. x

Unknown said...

Love that L*K chart, and that popcorn sounds scrumptuous! I am going to enjoy watching those monthly cottages grow into a neighborhood!!

Siobhán said...

Your L*K piece is too cute! I love the colors for the February cottage, too. Really nice!

Myra said...

Your popcorn looks delicious! That is such a sweet gesture and a lovely piece for you to stitch for your friend.

Gabi said...

Your L*K piece is looking great. I think the colors of the February cottage will fit in just right. It will look lovely together :)

Peggy Lee said...

I make something similar to your popcorn creation and you are SO RIGHT...it is very addictive!
The L*K piece is lovely, a very thoughtful gift.
Those pinks sure are pretty.

Nancy said...

The Santa Hats look delicious - such a cute idea! Beautiful stitches in progress!

Shari said...

that popcorn looks & sounds heavenly....yum!
Love the cottage..so pretty!

AshleyBeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicola said...

The popcorn recipe looks scrumptious. The Good Marriage is such a beautiful gift for your friend and her husband.

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.

Michelle said...

Lovely stitching and the goodies look yummy x

Lesleyanne said...

Your stitching looks great as does the food.

CATHI said...

I love popcorn as well! And your recipe sounds very yummy! :o) The Santa hats are a good idea - will keep it in mind for next year! And you are getting along very well with A Good Marriage! This remembers me of our own forthcoming 20 anniversary (4 months left)! Perhaps I will try to find the pattern and stitch it, too! ;o)

Cathi

Mouse said...

love the L*K piece and coooo those santas hats yummmie :) love your SAL can't wait to get my chart so I can start now :) love mouse xxxx

Christine said...

The santa hats look delicious. Great work on the LK piece. I think the pinks will be fine in the February cottage, the turquoise from January is quite vibrant too so they should balance each other

Chris said...

Beautiful stitching and I might have to try that popcorn thing :)
HAve a great week :)

BrendaS said...

Deborah --
Your goodies look great! I'm going to try the popcorn over the New Year's weekend!

Your stitching as always is looking great!

Have a Happy and Healthy 2012:)

Penny said...

The popcorn sounds delicious!
Wow, what a lovely gift for your friend's anniversary! You are off to a great start on the cottages - the pinks look pretty. :)

Julie said...

Beautiful stitching, i love the LK one.

Quiltsmiles said...

Happy New Year Deborah! I really like that "A Good Marraige " by LK. What a terrific gift and one I'm sure your freinds will treasure. Your other stitching looks great as usual. Wishing you all the best in 2012!
Regards,
Jane

Pumpkin said...

More goodies :o)

That's very sweet of you! I'm sure your friend will appreciate it very much :o)