Welcome to Cranberry Samplings

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Fever!

I haven't blogged for over a week. The weather has been very warm for this time of year and I have been taking advantage of it. Stella and I have been taking long walks, working some in the gardens and the dreaded spring cleaning. I just love the throwing away and donating stuff this time of year. Now, on to the stitching.
I finished Spring Band Sampler by LHN and had an in and out frame made. I think it came out nice. I just love the frame. Below is a close up view. I hope the frame will go with the other seasons.
I finished the DT April design and it is getting stretched currently and I will take a picture when it is finished. Things like pictures are getting by me. I know it's Spring fever. I started a LK piece called Spring ABC's. It is a happy stitch and is stitching up quickly. I am doing it on 32 ct. ant. ivory linen and a combination of over-dyed floss and DMC.
I thought that I would close with a few pictures of my craft room. In MA if you do not have a window and a closet the room is not considered a bedroom. This room is upstairs and has no windows. It is oddly shaped with slanted ceilings and nooks.
You will see my new bobbins an spools on my great grandmothers hope chest. I just love this chest. It was hand made in Ireland when she was a young girl. My great grand parents packed everything they brought over in this chest. So cool. On the the green and white table and next to the chest are baskets of smalls. They used to be in the family room until Stella came to stay.
This chest holds a lot of stitching goodness. On the top is on of my frogs and a box that was made last year. The picture of the daffodils is one I stitched over 20 years ago. The picture on the chest is the four generations of my family. Sadly, I am the only one still living. I was very lucky to have know my great grandma. She passed away when I was 10. I spent every summer with her. My Mom died about 11 years ago. Still miss her. You can click on any of the pictures for a larger view. Well, off for another walk with Stella. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the best comments. Until next time.....Happy Stitching! Deborah

35 comments:

Linda said...

The framed piece turned out great. I love L*K and your spring piece is gorgeous. I too have that one started.

Linda

Vickie said...

Good for you enjoying the weather, me too! Have a great weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful and cheerful room to have dedicated to your hobby. I love the daffodil picture.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are all great.

Michelle said...

Lovely photos - love your room x

Shirlee said...

Your sampler is beautiful & I loved seeing all your chests & the things on them & surrounding them : )

BrendaS said...

Spring Band Sampler came out beautiful and I love the frame choice. I'm sure it will go very nicely with the other seasons.

Thanks for sharing pic's of your craft room. Lots of memories and it looks like a wonderful place.

Julie said...

Lovely stitching, your room looks really cosy and welcoming.

Annie said...

Gorgeous stitching. And what a cozy room. I love rocking chairs.

Enjoy the spring weather while it lasts!

Grit said...

Super schöne Stickarbeiten. Der Raum sieht sehr einladend aus.
Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany

Margaret said...

Love your framed LHN piece! Loooove the Lizzie Kate Spring -- so pretty! And I really enjoyed seeing pics of your craft room too. Interesting about the rule about no windows or closets.

Tricia T said...

What a cozy little nook you have! It looks like a wonderful place to hide away and stitch. I just love the Spring Band sampler and the LK piece is coming along wonderfully. Both LHN and LK are fun designs to stitch!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your Spring Sampler looks great in the frame! You have a lovely craft space!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Your Spring Sampler is lovely, Deborah. I'm crazy about the frame that you chose. I love the way that you're keepig the memeory of your relatives alive.
Linda

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

How wonderful to have known your Great Grandmother! My Grandmother shared many stories with me about my Great Grandmother and I would have loved to have known her.

The chest is certainly a treasure for you!

Beautiful stitching and framing, sounds like Stella is making a nice adjustment.

carol fun said...

Love the sampler- that frame is the perfect finishing touch! And your room just radiates happiness. What a wonderful place to spend some time in - all the personal touches make it special!

Veronica said...

That's a lovely frame for Spring Band Sampler. It's simple so I think it will go well with the other seasons.

Spring Alphabet is progressing wonderfully. Coincidentally, it matches the afghan on your rocking chair. Is the flower design stitched or printed on it? It's pretty.

That's a lovely chest. I'd love to take a peek inside to see what treasures it holds. Thank you for the tour of your craft room.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Annette-California said...

What a lovely host you are. I enjoyed visiting your craft room. Looove the chest and it's story. WOW! Precious! And I looove your photo of 4 generations. Oh I must comment on all your beautiful needleworks - Perfect. Thank you so much for sharing. I enjoyed this better than any movie:)

Lesleyanne said...

Your Spring LHN finish looks gorgeous. Love your new L*K start. Your room is lovely.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

How lovely to have a glimpse into your craft world. It looks so pretty and inviting. Congratulations to Stella for moving to the next level. Bronte has had her first training lesson now - she behaved better than I thought she would. Irene xxx

Chris said...

Beautiful stitching and wonderful treasures. Thanks for sharing your craft room.

Krista said...

Hi Deborah, I have just found your blog thru Angela's. Lovely stitching you have here. Love your new Spring sampler, and the LK is so colorful!
Enjoy your day!

Mouse said...

looks gorgeous in that frame and I think it will go with the other seasons ... lovely room tour and your trunk is fab ... and glad you have your memories tooo :)
hope the nice weather is still with you for the long walks with stella :)
love mouse xxxxx

Carol said...

What wonderful memories you have (and are creating!) in your craft room, Deborah... That hope chest is so, so special. Love your framed finish, too!

Bekca said...

Thank you for sharing wonderful pictures of your craft room Deborah. Your stitching chair is perfect, I dream of having one like that myself, one day :)
Best wishes.

Ranae said...

Love the framed Sampler.
I love your crafty space, it always fun to see and get ideas
Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Your craft room is cute. Down here we call those rooms dormers. My craft room is above our garage and is dormered. I do have a window though. I love your Spring sampler and your header piece is just darling.

Tatkis said...

Lovely spring stitching -and beautifully framed!
Such an adorable craft room - so cosy and tidy!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Melody said...

I love your daffodil piece. So pretty! I always enjoy seeing pictures of craft rooms. Yours is very inviting.

Sally said...

Your LHn Spring Sampler is beautiful and your L*K is coming along so nicely.

Your craft room is so homely.

Lynn said...

Love your craft room! Your hope chest is very similar to the one I have which belonged to my Grandmother. The top of mine needs to be refinished though.
Great idea doing another in and out frame for the band sampler. It looks great!
The LK is a very cheerful stitch! Love those spring colours!

DonnaTN said...

Thanks for the photos of your stitch room and your stitching. The frame is great!

Kathy Ellen said...

Wonderful LHN 'Spring' sampler, and love the frame you chose. Lovely stitching room, with your grandparents hope chest and so many of your treasures there too.

Debbie said...

I LOVE THE NEW FRAME AND YOUR CRAFT ROOM, TOO!

Catherine said...

Lovely finish! Your room is great ~ looks very cozy. You have some wonderful treasures.