Welcome to Cranberry Samplings

Monday, August 8, 2011

RAK, Framing and WIPs

Karen does 2 ornaments a month, one for her and one for a very lucky follower. I was the recipient of her July ornament. It's a beautiful humbug. Three sides are beaded. The picture is the Christmas tree side. So lovely. The picture below is the bottom. Click on any of the pics for a larger view. This ornament is so beautifully done and will have a place of honor on my tree. Karen, thanks so very much!


I had the acorn sampler framed and I couldn't be happier with the results. I can't tell how much I love this piece. Sorry about the pictures today. We have had rainy weather for the last 2 days. Very dark and dreary.

A close up of the frame, which I think looks log cabin like. Very woody.


I am almost done with summer on my Wednesday SAL. Just have to do the flower band and then we are on to Fall.


A little closer view. This week at my Wednesday group we are having a guest. One of my followers, Nancy (no blog) is visiting her family in the area for a month. She wanted to get together, so I thought that coming to group would be fun. Stitching and food is always a good time. It will be fun to meet one of my blog friends in person.

This is Autumn by With Thy Needle. Haven't gotten to far. The fabric is 32 ct dirty linen using the GA threads called for. Love this piece a lot and can't wait to really get into it. The reason I have been busy is that Joanne had surgery last week on her foot. I have been busy taking care of her. She is doing much better now and can bear some weight on the foot. She is hoping to go to work on Thursday. We don't know if she will be able to drive yet, so I might be driving her for awhile. We will see.

Have a great week. Until next time.....Happy Stitching! Deborah








26 comments:

Catherine said...

What a great ornament from Karen! All of your stitches look great - and that frame is perfect!!

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely ornament from Karen. Great framing and progress on your wips.

BrendaS said...

Lovely ornament from Karen. Lucky you!

Beautiful framed finish. I just love Fall designs and the frame you picked out is just perfect.

Nice progress on your WIP's. I just love coming to your blog for inspiration.

Hope Joanne feels better soon.

Gabi said...

What a lovely humbug.
Your frame is just perfect for the acorn sampler. It's a beautiful combination.
Great stitching on both of your wip's.

gracie said...

very nice....

Myra said...

Lucky you to get such a beautiful ornament from Karen. She does such neat ornaments. Love, love, love the frame you chose for the acorn sampler. You are making great progress on the band sampler - that one is on my someday list too. :o)

Karen said...

So glad you got the ornament and like it!

I love, love, love that frame! It looks great with your sampler. I love the "heaviness" of it. Your WIP are pretty too...need to start on the seasonal sampler too!

happy stitching...

Margaret said...

Oh my! Lovely ornie from Karen -- she always does great work. Love that frame on your acorn sampler! Your Wednesday SAL piece is stunning!! And it's really coming along too! And of course I love your With Thy Needle piece -- wonderful! Hope Joanne is doing better soon. That doesn't sound like fun, having foot surgery.

Sherry :o) said...

What a beautiful frame - I love the texture...your sampler looks great in that frame! What a fabulous RAK that Karen sent you - what a beautiful addition to anyone's tree. Have fun with your visiting friend and hope your recovering friend is better soon.

laurawilson25 said...

Lucky you! That's a beautiful ornament!

Unknown said...

Yep, that is a beautiful ornament - doesn't Karen do lovely work? Your WIPs are all looking great and the framing is just perfect!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Beautiful ornament.

cucki said...

what a sweet humbug..i love the acron sampler so much..and all the other stitching too xx

Lynn said...

Karen's ornament is so sweet. She does some amazing work!
I love, love, love the Acorn sampler!! The frame used is the perfect choice too.

Siobhán said...

Love the ornament from Karen! Lucky you. The frame you chose is perfect for the sampler. Nice progress on your WIP, too!

Carol said...

Your framed acorn sampler is gorgeous, Deborah!! Perfect choice. I love Karen's humbug ornament, too!

Have fun meeting Nancy--one thing is for sure--fellow stitchers never run out of things to talk about when they meet up :)

Brigitte said...

You are so right - the Acorn Sampler is in a perfect frame. It looks gorgeous! And so do your other projects. I *love* the piece with the four seasons, I just forgot who the designer was. Have to go back to one of your older posts and look it up. I think I have to have this one, lol.

Berit said...

ooh; congrats on your win and framing! Nice!

Melanie said...

It's an adorable little ornament. :)

That frame is AMAZING. I just love it. So so perfect for that design!

Anna van Schurman said...

Love the framed piece!

DonnaTN said...

I love the acorn sampler all framed and your SAL piece and the new autumn one. Hope your friend is back on her feet soon.

Lois said...

Such a nice ornament from Karen! Love your framed acorn sampler - perfect choice of frame for it. Lovely progress on your WIP's.

Bekca said...

Acorn Sampler looks brilliant framed and I love Autumn! I am definitely a fall gal. Best wishes and happy stitching to you.

Sally said...

What a gorgeous ornament from Karen:)

Love your framed piece and your WIPs look gorgeous.

Pumpkin said...

Lucky you!

Beautiful frame Deborah! I love it :o)

That will be nice! I hope I can meet a fellow Blogger someday :o)

Nancy V said...

Deborah,

Oh, I love the Acorn Sampler! Who is the designer? As I told you, I really like Autumn and Winter patterns and that one is beautiful. That frame suits it perfectly! Your work is lovely!

See ya,

Nancy V

:-)