Welcome to Cranberry Samplings

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday Stitching Group

I picked up Midnight Watch today. I Am very pleased with the results.
Here is closeup of the molding. The frame is black with a vine design with a little color of orange in it. I love this frame. Every Wednesday from 10 am to about 2pm a wonderful group of women meet to stitch, chat and eat. We meet at a wonderful coffee house.
Here are afew of the pieces that the girls are working on. Phyllis is working on 1800 Elizabeth Hobson Sampler. It is a magazine called Sampler and Antique Needlework. I believe she is also using 40 ct. fabric.


Liz just started this today. It's LKs ABC's of Autumn.



Dottie is our Halloween girl. Anything Halloween she loves. This is Witch's Hollow by Primitive Needle. She is using 40 ct. Navy Bean. She almost always uses 40 ct with no magnification. Iam jealous.

This is Nancy's work. She is working on Noah's Ark by Graphworks International. . This a monster piece. She has put in many hours of work and has many more to go. She is the type of woman that will stick with this piece until she is finished. It will probably take a year or so. (her words) Her work is truly beautiful.

This is Ellen's work on Valentine House byy BBD Ann. Series. She is working on 32 ct lt. flax. Very pretty.

Last but not least is my progress on October by PS. It's coming along slowly.

Thanks for the wonderful comments. I love them. Have a good couple of days and happy stitching




6 comments:

Annie said...

Midnight Watch looks fabulous. And you are so lucky to have a real-live stitching group that you enjoy.

Laura said...

Love seeing what everyone is working on!!!!! Great projects one and all! It is exciting that you are doing a hot off the press Prairie Schooler!

DonnaTN said...

I love your Midnight Watch and the cool frame! What a treat to see all the Wed. group's wips. How fun to see all the variety of projects!

Deb said...

I just love your finish!! And I think that the frame you picked out compliments it so well. Love seeing those projects too. Seeing what other people are working on is always an inspiration.

Jan said...

Deborah, thanks for the 'show and tell' from your stitching group. I always love seeing what others are working on, and your PS October is coming along great! Hurrah for the progress!!

I ADORE your Midnight Watch and I am green with envy for it...I MUST start it soon!!

Lynn said...

Midnight Watch is fantastic! It really looks great in that frame.
Isn't it great to have a group of stitching friends to get together with? I stitch with a group each Tuesday night and really enjoy it.
It appears there's an awful lot of talent in your group! I love their WIP.