Welcome to Cranberry Samplings

Monday, December 12, 2011

Wonderful Time of the Year!

It was a busy week here but i did get some stitching in. I hope to finish Four Seasons Band Sampler this year. It's in the home stretch. I just need to finish the bottom of it. I need to add stars and snow flakes to the winter portion and do the personalization above the numbers. This is a beautiful sampler that the Just Cross Stitch magazine did in 4 parts. It is about 27" long and about 7" wide. Below is the whole thing layed out. Sorry about the wrinkles. I don't like to iron the pieces until they are finished. You can click on any of the pics for a larger view.

Last Thursday night, my evening stitching group went out to dinner for our Christmas celebration. We had some really wonderful Italian food. After dinner we went back to Jeanne's home for the dessert and the gift portion of the evening. We draw names and Mary ( her blog is yetanotherxcrazyblog ) drew my name. This beautiful flower frog is what I got. How great is that! Green is one of my favorite colors. She made the pin cushion that is in side. She used 2 different seasonal fabrics. Below is a better picture of the pin cushion. Isn't it great when your friends feed your addictions?!

As if that beautiful frog wasn't enough, she also gave me this beautiful scarf. It is wide and very long. The picture does it no justice. The colors are gorgeous and there is some gold shiny threads running through it. She thought that it would look good with one of my coats but I can envision it on my table as a table runner. Thanks, Mary! I just love my gifts.
What would a party be without the food. Joanne went and got 2 different kinds of cupcakes from our favorite cupcake bakery. Jeanne made the cookies. It was all so delicious.
Jeanne's home was decorated beautifully and I just loved her Christmas village. This is only part of the village. So gorgeous. This week is going to busy. I am having some stitchy friends over for lunch and stitching this week. Going to both of my stitching groups and Saturday night I am having friends over for dinner and gift exchange. It's going to busy and so much fun. I hope that your holiday season is full of fun, friends and family, great food and gatherings. Thanks for visiting and leaving the best comments. I love them. Until next time..... Happy Stitching! Deborah

37 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Your 4 Seasons Sampler is stunning. You have done a wonderful job.
The decorations are so lovely. That village is really special. It is not hard to tell when someone loves to dress up their house.

cucki said...

wow four season sampler is so beautiful..i love it so much..
all the decorations are looking so sweet and the village is darling..
keep well..love for you..hugs cucki xx

Sarah said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful week! Beautiful stitching (also that pincushion is just gorgeous, you lucky thing!)

Hazel said...

What a gorgeous post! Love your sampler - it is coming on beautifully. What a great group you belong to. The gifts and food look excellent but that Christmas villiage - wow! Where does one start to collect these gorgeous houses? x

pam said...

The four Seasons looks great as do the holiday gifts. Glad you are enjoying the holidays

Karen said...

Well...you made up my mind! The Four Seasons Band sampler has to be on my 2012 challenge list. Just love it...hope you finish it soon.

Love all of the goodies too!

Siobhán said...

Your Four Seasons sampler is gorgeous, Deborah! So pretty--good luck getting it finished! I enoyed the pics from your get together--it looks like a lot of fun. Enjoy your time this week--hope you'll share some pics! :)

Michelle said...

Your Four Seasons sampler is looking amazing! Not much more to go!! The pincushion is fantastic and how lovely everything looked. What a fun evening.

Margaret said...

Your 4 seasons sampler is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see your finish! Love that pincushion frog you received and the scarf too! Looks like such fun at the party!

Christine said...

Your sampler is beautiful. Great gifts from the party

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your four seasons sampler is beautiful.

carol fun said...

The sampler is wonderful! Your friend has great taste in gifts- I love the frog/pincushion! And your pics of the food made my mouth water -- sound like it was a great evening!

BrendaS said...

Your sampler is gorgeous!

Great gifts you received. Have fun enjoying all your holiday parties:)

CalamityJr said...

You've done a beautiful job on the sampler. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished finished! What a great group of stitchers! Glad you're having such a joyous Christmas season.

Carol said...

I always look forward to seeing an update on the JCS Four Seasons Sampler... It really looks lovely, Deborah, and it will be even more so when it's all framed up.

What a great pincushion / flower frog Mary made for you--such a pretty shade of green. Looks like a wonderful evening spent with your stitching friends :)

Jackie's Stitches said...

The flower frog you were gift is just gorgeous! The pincushion in the middle is a wonderful addition.

Chris said...

The Four Seasons sampler is beautiful! You are so close to finishing it.
What lovely gifts. It looks like you are having a wonderful holiday season!

Kate said...

Your sampler is absolutely gorgeous. What lovely gifts you received, I especially like the pin cushion flower frog.

Mouse said...

ooooo cookies ..lol and wow love that frog and the scarf and the village scene is gorgeous ... ooo and forgot the stitching is wonderful ..lol :) love mouse xxxx

And This Little Pig said...

Beautiful sampler Deborah, will look absolutely gorgeous finished. I'm a bit jealous of your flower frog :@ The scarf, food and winter village, just divine!
LiBBiE in Oz

Susan said...

The sampler is beautiful. I watched the patterns in JCS but passed on stitching it, after seeing yours, I"m rethinking that decision!

Solstitches said...

Your sampler is gorgeous. I've never seen that design before on any blog and although you said it was in a JCS magazine I am wondering who the designer is?
The flower frog is absolutely gorgeous. I love the green glass and the gorgeous pincushion that sits in the middle.
Margaret

Cathy Lloyd said...

Your Four Seasons is fabulous! And that pincushion...oh my! So wonderful! Sounds like you're having way too much fun! Stop-it! Stop-it right now! LOL!

Mindi said...

Your Four Seasons sampler is stunning! I can't wait to see the final stitches put in it. What a wonderful finish to end out the year.

Mary gave you two wonderful gifts. that scarf is fabulous, and I love the flower frog with the pincushion in the middle. I've never seen a flower frog that shape before.

Patty C. said...

You know we all love the flower frog - Lovely pin cushion you placed in it.

Your band sampler is such a gorgeous wip !!!

DonnaTN said...

Looks like you had a wonderful party. The flower frog pincushion and the scarf are beautiful. I can't wait to see your completed sampler. The glimpses thus far have been wonderful.

Sally said...

Your band sampler is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

Sherry said...

The Band Sampler is stunning! The food looks so good! I can taste it online!

Michelle said...

Your sampler is simply stunning well done x

Pumpkin said...

Your sampler is really coming along nicely! I made sure I got all the issues with that pattern in it.

What lovely gifts you received! Sounds like you had a lovely time with friends :o)

Melanie said...

The four season sampler is so pretty. I love it! Can't wait to see it finished. :)

Catherine said...

Love your season sampler and all your goodies!

Veronica said...

Four Seasons Band Sampler is looking gorgeous. Look forward to the happy dancing. That's an awesome scissors frog and it looks fantastic with the pincushion. Sounds like you had tons of fun during the gathering :)

Hugs,
Veronica.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That sampler is going to be amazing! Looks like you had a fantastic time and what wonderful gifts you received.

marly said...

Wow that four seasons sampler is gorgeous! Sounds like a busy and fun week. Enjoy!

Karoline said...

4 seasons is looking gorgeous. The party sounds fun & you got some lovely gifts

Lynn said...

The 4 Seasons sampler is absolutely gorgeous!! Lovely work!
Sounds like you had a fund time with your friends. That flower frog is so pretty especially with the pincushion within it.